Mini Talk Information
Information and instructions for Mini Talks
6 participants, 6 Slides, 6 minutes presentation, 6 minutes discussion and repeat!
- Next to keynote presentations, we will have "Mini Talks" as a replacement for conventional poster sessions
- There will be two Mini Talk sessions
- Mini Talk Session I (Monday 21:15 - 22:00 CET)
- Mini Talk Session II (Tuesday 21:15 - 22:00 CET)
- Mini talks are organised as small video conferences (BigBlueButton) with a small number of participants in order to facilitate personal communication
- Each mini talk should be presented in three rounds, each round lasting 15min. After each round, participants switch to the next mini talk and mini talk presenters repeat their presentation to a new audience
- Each mini talk should consist out of maximum 6 slides, to be presented in roughly 6 minutes
- Followed by 6min for discussion (+ max. 3min)
Submission of Mini Talk Contributions
- You can submit a mini talk during the registration process
- Submitted mini talks require approval by the scientific committee
- 16 Nov: Approval of Mini Talks submitted before 9 Nov
- 23 Nov: Approval of Mini Talks submitted after 9 Nov and before 16 Nov
The German Association for Synthetic Biology (GASB) sponsors 2 Mini Talk Prizes, each worth 100 €. The two prizes are awarded in two different categories:
The poster prizes will be elected by the participants through an online poll.
- Attendees can simply acces the BigBlueButton rooms on Monday and Tuesday by entering their name - no password required.
- Presenters access the BigBlueButton rooms with the access instructions provided by email.
- Since space for each Mini Talk is limited, please leave the BigBlueButton room if you have no interest anymore so that other attendees can enter the Mini Talk room.
- You can see the number of attendees for each Mini Talk before entering, you might need to refresh the page to see the current occupancy.
While you are in the BigBlueButton room
- When entering allow audio connection but mute your microphone when you are not talking.
- Activate your camera for a more personal connection.
- You can use the chat function to exchange text message (mute your microphone while typing).
- For further functions see the figure and watch the tutorial video below.
- You can try BigBlueButton here: https://meet.gwdg.de
Watch a BigBlueButton tutorial on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hso8yLzkqj8